Linda Rainford Award Nomination Form
Linda Rainford Award
In the Field of
Cancer Education, Prevention, Treatment and Support Services
Linda Rainford was an ovarian cancer survivor for six years. She consistently educated those around her on cancer and the opportunities it provided her for growth, spirituality and the emotional difficulties of living with cancer.
The Desert Cancer Foundation of Arizona dedicated this award to Linda because of her courage to confront an ominous disease and her tenacious belief in living life to the fullest.
Please read carefully.
The selection Committee will consider adherence to these guidelines and procedures when evaluating nominations.
The Desert Cancer Foundation of Arizona’s Linda Rainford Award recognizes the individual or an organization that has contributed to the betterment of cancer education, prevention, treatment and/or support services within the community.
Nominations are evaluated with attention given to how the nominee’s service has benefited others in the community affected by cancer, that have limited resources to help themselves.
Current members of the Desert Cancer Foundation of Arizona Board of Director’s are not eligible for this award.
The nomination application must be completed in full. All nominee and nominator information must be completed. Do not enclose the application in a folder or binder.
Any individual or group may nominate one or more recipients.
Members of the Selection Committee will forward honoree recommendation to the DCFA Board for the final decision. All information and supplementary information becomes the property of the DCFA and cannot be returned.
- You may answer questions on a computer-generated duplicate, photocopied form or additional pages.
- Answer all questions. Be concise and thorough.
- Focus on the nominee’s area(s) of greatest impact and innovation in the community.
- Provide sufficient background information. The selection committee may know little, if anything about your nominee and his or her organization.
- Attach additional pages as needed. Answers continued on the attached pages should include the nominee’s name. Please restate the entire question being answered.
- You may provide any supporting information you think will assist the selection committee. Supplement information should support, not restate the entire question being answered.
- Materials will not be returned.
- The committee will verify all information provided.
The honoree will be presented with a commemorative award at the Annual “Survive and Celebrate” Luncheon.